Monday, September 27, 2010

Works in Progress

I finally got organised enough, after all the recent travelling, to get back in the studio today and pick up the brushes. I'd drafted this small painting over a month ago and decided to tackle it so I could look at it and feel like I'd accomplished something today.


After I've established the shape of the bowls, I work up the colours.


Thought you might like a peak at my very messy work area. I got a happy surprise when I looked at this photo, it gives the painting a 3D effect from this angle!

When I'm happy with the colours and shapes, I add a little texture and finish all the edges. This photo is not doing the final painting justice, my camera is on the blink and I had to use my phone camera and its flash kept going off and washed the colours out a little. Oh how I lust after a good camera and photoshop (oh yeah and some photography lessons)!
In August I also drafted these 2 paintings up onto canvases- click HERE to see this posting again. Today I finally added some colour and I'll post the progress as I go.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you are having a chance to get into the studio Katrina! I know the frustration of not having a great camera...but these have still come up well and you can see the 3D effect as you say.
    Its an interesting subject to play with... as you have in the various works...
    have a great week!
    S

    ReplyDelete