Monday, June 15, 2009

Australian Red Cross Blood Service

Last month I gave blood for the very first time. By becoming a blood donor, I have joined an important group of people who save lives - approx. 21,000 blood donations are needed each week just to meet demand.
I urge every healthy person I know to consider this vital service, its free to give and helps over 300,000 australians each year undergoing treatment for cancer and blood diseases as well as over 3,000 babies born prematurely or with serious medical conditions.
It only takes an hour of your time and benefits so many people in the community. Please think seriously about donating.
I did, it wasn't scary and I was made to feel very comfortable and appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. and I here they feed you well to. Always a bonus! Well done Katrina

    ReplyDelete