Saturday, February 4, 2012

In the Studio this Weekend......

This weekend I found myself still tying up loose ends with left over pieces from the recent "Mamas in the Hood" exhibition.  I've always been interested in journalling blogs and love Ro Bruhn's Art Blog and follow quite a few more.  Motivated by these, I decided to use my tests and sample pieces to create a few journals and use up some of my leftover pieces.  I also included some good quality drawing paper amongst the pages for doodling, sketching, writing, etc. 

I've also been progressing two pieces inspired by the life drawing classes I did years ago at the Brisbane Institute of Art.  The idea of incorporating the female form in my current medium has been knocking around in my head for a while ..... its presenting many challenges, especially working on a much larger scale, but its excting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment